Sunday, June 20, 2010

Your Generosity is Overwhelming!...and Heavy!

The Burkina Team spent Saturday morning sorting and packing the abundance of supplies donated by friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers. We filled five duffle bags and and two suitcases with first-aid and medical items, craft and knitting supplies, foods requested by the Missionary family, a volleyball set, and personal care products.

The biggest challenge we faced was keeping within our fifty pound limit imposed by the airline. It was almost comical watching and listening to us work through this process. As one of us would stand on the scale with a suitcase, Faith would often say, "but if we lose a few pounds before Monday, we can take more stuff!" I kept telling her OUR weight didn't matter in the weight of the luggage. She would just giggle in response. Do you think she kept saying that just to egg me on?...hmmm...I wonder?

Help us pray that the airlines are benevolent in weighing our luggage and we are not charged the extra weight fee!

2 comments:

  1. Our Prayers are with all You wonderful Ladies....Stay Safe and we are excited and look forward to hearing ALL the news!!!...Love Tim and Katy Spencer ....<")))><

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL,love the post! praying your suitcases will make it through without paying extra!! :) We stand behind you in prayer the whole way! Shelley, as I said, the notecard is on my fridge...already had 3 opportunites to pray as I reached for somethig to eat--and it's only 9:30 :) Love, Laura Lapp

    ReplyDelete