This is my first attempt at "Blogging". Therefore, I hope that you will be patient with me as I fumble through my first Posting. Okay...here goes!...
The Burkina Team has only one week - yes, ONE WEEK, before we make an incredible journey to a little known country called Burkina Faso. Now, if you are involved in the Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, you've most likely heard of Burkina Faso because the CMA has been quite active in spreading the Good News there for a number of years. But for the rest of the general population, the common response is "Where?" In fact, I only know one person who, when asking me where in Africa I was going, actually knew of Burkina Faso. Ironically, that person is a Geographer by profession, so he gets paid to know of the little known countries around the world.
So back to the topic at hand...one week left. And I've created a Blog. Please understand, this idea was not mine. It was presented to me that I be the Team Blogger and since I really haven't been able to discern any other function or purpose for God sending me on this trip, it seemed like a good idea to say,"okay?" I am in complete awe of the other ladies on our team! I jokingly (okay, maybe not so jokingly) refer to myself as the under qualified member of our team.
But I do have a willing heart. And I know I am being sent on this trip for a purpose. And with your prayers and support, together we can unfold that purpose. And for right now, I am the Team Blogger! Yippee!
Tonight our Team met at Mary Groff's for a send off dinner given by the Women's Bible Study that Shirley Tuzi leads. It was lovely! Along with good food and fellowship, we were guided through the final passages of the Song of Solomon by Martha Mellinger. Martha is a fellow Bukina Team Member, and for those who don't know her, Martha's Scriptural knowledge is an inspiration for a "newer" Believer, like myself.
After the Scripture study at Mary's, the ladies presented each of us with a lovely Calla Lily and a personal thought, poem, or prayer. It was a wonderful sendoff, and as our illustrious Team Leader, Dot Milliken stated, "these ladies will truly cover us with prayer."
It is now waaaaay past my bed time. I am going to leave this first Posting by telling you my hopes for the Burkina Faso Short Term Missions Trip Blog. I hope you get to know our Team Members. I hope you get to understand what a person on a Short Term Missions Trip experiences spiritually, physically, and emotionally. I hope you learn about Burkina Faso. I hope you get to see some of the Mission Family's work in action. I hope you get to understand some of the challenges the girls of Dorcas House face on a daily basis. I hope you become motivated to do what you can to make a difference. I hope you choose to listen to what God is telling you to do or where to go. And I hope you enjoy it.
Good Night, my friends in Christ. We on the Burkina Team thank you so fully for your support and prayers. Sleep well.
The Burkina Team has only one week - yes, ONE WEEK, before we make an incredible journey to a little known country called Burkina Faso. Now, if you are involved in the Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, you've most likely heard of Burkina Faso because the CMA has been quite active in spreading the Good News there for a number of years. But for the rest of the general population, the common response is "Where?" In fact, I only know one person who, when asking me where in Africa I was going, actually knew of Burkina Faso. Ironically, that person is a Geographer by profession, so he gets paid to know of the little known countries around the world.
So back to the topic at hand...one week left. And I've created a Blog. Please understand, this idea was not mine. It was presented to me that I be the Team Blogger and since I really haven't been able to discern any other function or purpose for God sending me on this trip, it seemed like a good idea to say,"okay?" I am in complete awe of the other ladies on our team! I jokingly (okay, maybe not so jokingly) refer to myself as the under qualified member of our team.
But I do have a willing heart. And I know I am being sent on this trip for a purpose. And with your prayers and support, together we can unfold that purpose. And for right now, I am the Team Blogger! Yippee!
Tonight our Team met at Mary Groff's for a send off dinner given by the Women's Bible Study that Shirley Tuzi leads. It was lovely! Along with good food and fellowship, we were guided through the final passages of the Song of Solomon by Martha Mellinger. Martha is a fellow Bukina Team Member, and for those who don't know her, Martha's Scriptural knowledge is an inspiration for a "newer" Believer, like myself.
After the Scripture study at Mary's, the ladies presented each of us with a lovely Calla Lily and a personal thought, poem, or prayer. It was a wonderful sendoff, and as our illustrious Team Leader, Dot Milliken stated, "these ladies will truly cover us with prayer."
It is now waaaaay past my bed time. I am going to leave this first Posting by telling you my hopes for the Burkina Faso Short Term Missions Trip Blog. I hope you get to know our Team Members. I hope you get to understand what a person on a Short Term Missions Trip experiences spiritually, physically, and emotionally. I hope you learn about Burkina Faso. I hope you get to see some of the Mission Family's work in action. I hope you get to understand some of the challenges the girls of Dorcas House face on a daily basis. I hope you become motivated to do what you can to make a difference. I hope you choose to listen to what God is telling you to do or where to go. And I hope you enjoy it.
Good Night, my friends in Christ. We on the Burkina Team thank you so fully for your support and prayers. Sleep well.
No comments:
Post a Comment